Honey and Balsamic Steak
Red meat has a place in a balanced diet. It is an excellent source of B vitamins, iron, selenium, and zinc, not to mention the bioavailable protein it provides. This sweet and tangy steak recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 beef steak of choice ( I used porterhouse steak )
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut amino sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix balsamic vinegar,honey, coconut amino (or soy sauce), rosemary and garlic in a bowl.
- Season your steak well with salt and pepper. Place the steak in a ziplock bag and add the marinade mixture. Let it sit for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Place the steak on a skillet once oil is hot. Cook steak for approximately 5 mins on each side or until it is done. Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.